Friday, September 19, 2008

Friday Feelings

Here I am again...sitting down to write a few thoughts before I get to doing "other things". I have some homework to get done...a paper for a class (Sacrificial Systems), over The Red Heifer & The Passover. I would also like to maybe organize my "world" a bit. I always want to do other things, like write letters or sit and do "nothing" ...blogging kinda helps with both worlds. Plus, I get to listen to ITunes in the process, so that's fun! You have to find little things to bring you joy when you study most of the time (or are consumed with other "priorities" in life). Besides... finding little things to be happy with makes life so much better!

This week I went to see my psychiatrist (for the bizillionth time), and he finally decided to change my medication. I have been having a hard time for a couple months now, but after this last visit he decided that it was probably time to change. The other stuff was just not working as well as it should have been. But, this has been a pretty hard week since then...like an emotional roller-coaster. The first day was the worst, and I was all over the crying chart! I'm better now, and on this new medication I don't have muscle spasms like I did before...so that's awesome. I'm hoping that it will work better for me, after it's worked into my body a little bit. Please be praying about all the adjustments with this. To be honest, I have felt somewhat more "normal" since changing...more like myself, which is great!

Alex and I are doing well. It's been neat being Co-AIM Assistants at the Sudan Congregation this year! We are enjoying our AIMers and being able to work together. Our relationship is growing too...and we are being able to work out issues that come up, just those that come from being together and around each other. I have grown in so much love and appreicate of him...not just as a person, but as a brother in the Lord! I love watching him live life, seeing him grow, and learning from him how to be a better person--he really challenges me! I hope that's always the case, on both sides. In being in this relationship with Alex, God has shown me so many areas that I'm not as "mature" as I thought...and has helped to challenge my own ideas toward life and myself (in a very healthy way). It's interesting that as you truly learn to love another person like Christ would love them, it makes you evaluate your own walk with Him! I love that! :)

Well, that's all from me...for now. I hope you are doing well (whoever reads this), and that God is keeping your heart at peace through all the uncertainty of life! Jesus is the only (One) thing that we can truly trust.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was good to here from you yet again! I look forward to your blogs.