Saturday, June 14, 2008

Summer Events

This Summer has been busy, yet not too crazy...yet! God blessed me with this excellent job...painting for a lady who owns several rent houses. It's been awesome getting to know her and spending some time getting out emotions through painting stationary objects! It's really soothing for me to paint methodically, I've realized. I'm also being able to save what I make through this job for my trip to go see my family this summer, which is a huge blessing. I'm extremely grateful to God for providing for me so perfectly.

Alex is here now...which has been awesome! He got here almost 2 weeks ago now. It's been an interesting transition, seeing as we really haven't been around each other for over a year. He, being in France still...and me, being here (having left France a year before). But, now we're both back, and will both be at SIBI. Since we are both each others' "1sts", this is a whole new world. I really have been enjoying getting to know him better (than over the phone or through emails)... and in an actual, close, everyday setting! We're both learning new things about each other: how we react to things, how we "do" things, emotional levels at different times, etc. I suppose this is normal for any "couple", but it's a part of our relationship that we really haven't ever had. So, it's been interesting (like I said). ;) Please keep us in your prayers, as we seek to do things in a Godly manner and what's best for us under Him.

Since SIBI ended for the year, I have been going from house to house...helping those who have just graduated from Sunset move out from their house to where they will be heading for ministry. I love helping people move...even though it can be such an emotional time. I'd rather be there for them at that time though, than not. It's hard to see people whom you've come to love SO deeply move off to places (some times) "unknown"...but that's a part of this program! You come, learn, grow, live, love...and then God sends you off...with experiences, new things learned, new friendships in Him, and a new focus in life. I love what we go through here, as disciples of Christ...but it also can be a challenge (all around)! I'm mainly just thankful for this place that so many of us have come to appreciate and hold dear to our hearts.

So, that's my summer (so far)...I'm just working, growing, sharing, and loving!

2 comments:

Zack said...

God bless you and your plans Jessica. I hope and pray all of your dreams come true in keeping with God's will for you. Grace and Peace.
Zack Blaisdell
zackblaisdell.wordpress.com

La Pistolera said...

Thank you for your words of love and encouragemnt. la pistolera1