Monday, May 26, 2008

Thoughts, After a Beautiful Weekend

This last weekend was incredible!

On Thursday I was able to be a part of the annual "Ladies Salad Supper". I got to head the decoration committee--and the ladies, and guys, who came to help set up from lunch to 3pm that day did a great job! We got it all done, so that we had a little time in between to get ready for the evening's event. For those of you who don't know what Salad Supper is...this is a time when Level 1 ladies honor the Level 2 ladies who are graduating. We also honor those who had their hands in helping the year go smoothly. It's a really neat tradiation, and it is a wonderful time of fellowship and of "giving honor to whom honor's due."

On Friday, I had class with Gerald Paden (Letters of John). Then I went home for a bit, took a pette nap... then called Dawna Gilbert, and asked her about helping her set up for the Senior Dinner (for the graduates) that evening. We concluded that she would be at LCU's Baker Center around 3:30...so that's what we did. That evening was wonderful. The graduates got "pinned" with their SIBI pins, and Charles Speer spoke over being "Blessed to Serve" (which we truly are!). I got to sit at Dennis and Sharon's table, and everyone was together...over 230 people joined us there...which was awesome!

Saturday morning was the anticipated day of Graduation for the 2008 Sunset Class! I was so excited, and (of course) so were they. I walked in "on time" and found them all lined up in the west enterence, waiting to walk in. Dennis waved for me to come over, gave me a hug, and told me to pray for him because he was nervous. I smiled and told him I already have, and would. I got to hug several others, take bibles and purses from others, and went to find my seat to sit down. I took lots of pictures, which are now on Facebook! :) It was neat to see them walk across the stage, knowing that they were about to head out from this place to "Preach the Word" and continue to live their life for Christ... but, like never before.

God was in all of today...

...I know that sounds somewhat cliche, but it was true!

I started off my week (yesterday, Sunday) going to worship with the congregation at Sunset. I sat with my "parents", Dennis and Sharon Welch and listened to Jay Jarboe give a wonderful lesson on "Generations". His son, Ryan, spoke with him (they tag-teamed it)...he's just graduated high school. After that was class, and "Papa" (Dennis) spoke over the books of Jonah and Nahum. Very good class. After that, I took lunch to the Palmer's house. They just graduated with the 2008 Class...and are headed (now) back to Washington State to work with the congregations up there. But yesterday (after we ate lunch) we packed up the stuff in their house (Dennis and Sharon were there by that time), and then packed the truck so they could leave today. We went to dinner with them, their kids, and their parents.

Now we're at today...the wonderful day!
We moved around some furniture--Gibby Gilbert came to help us and brought us our new kitchen table. After cleaning up some, I went to Walmart...to get stuff for our dinner this evening...with Gerald and Bobbie Paden! :) We also invited Geoff Banks from level one. It was neat to have us all together in one place. We had a good time together!

So, that was my day! Now I have to go study for a test tomorrow, given by Doyle Gilliam... over Philippians. Finals this week! Pray for me.

1 comment:

Zack said...

God bless you Jessica! Praying for you. Lord willing I will start SIBI in August. Can't wait.
Grace and Peace.