Friday, January 18, 2008

Up, and Down...and Over Again.

Today started off a bit rough...to put it lightly. I pounced out of bed at 8:10 this morning, having turned off my alarm 30 minutes earlier, and was re-awakened by the sound of "knocking" on our apartment door. I hadn't gotten to sleep until some time after 5am, and hadn't eaten much that day before...so to say I was wiped out is an understatement. My dearest Pam road with her sister to school (that's what the knock on the door was about), so after throwing myself together in 10 minutes...I headed out the door and drove off (in Alisha's car), making it to school around 8:30. "Thank the Lord," I thought, "I'm not late!" I really hate being late to anything.

I get there and am actually able to stand on my own two feet (bearly)...then proceed to sit down by two of my favorite people ever (Dennis and Sharon) for the duration of Chapel. Class was good too. But after not having breakfast (3 days in a row), it's hard to concentrate. I did concentrate however, and took good notes. It was a fantastic 1st class in Evangelistic Methods. Our teacher is a really neat man by the name of Jerry Tallman. Look him up if you've never heard of him before...he's awesome! Class (one class), this one class, was from 9:20-1:00. You can imagine how hungry I was...or would have been, if food didn't make me want to throw up right now. I was glad class was over. :)

I was excited about my next appointment! I was going to have a "ladies only" date with one of my adopted "mamas" (Terri). I love going and doing "whatever" with her. There are only a couple handfuls of ladies whom, over the course of my life, I can spend hours with and feel like hardly any time has passed. Terri is one of those priceless women. We went to this neat little restaurant, which reminded me a lot of those one would find in Strasbourg (France). I ordered myself some tortilla soup...which was good...the company was far better. I could have certianly eatten up a few more hours of the company than another bowl of that soup. The soup wasn't bad...just, on the scale of life, people are more precious than soup! I don't know if Terri realizes this (or if all the lovely women in my life realize this), but her love heals aspects of my heart each time I'm around her. We should never forget how powerful our presence is in another's life, nor the impact God will have if we only let Him work through us!

After lunch, and visiting, and crying...Pam and I went to Walmart. Ok, now I have been looking for some pillows for our couches here at the apartment. I checked Walmart's pillows...the ones I was considering were $8.88. Now, for me, that's a bit much for 8 pillows (do the math). Ones which will be thrown by AIMers (and rarely by Assistants) and probably drooled on at times! So, I thought to myself, "I can make my own pillows...I've done it before...and they'll probably be cheaper!" Here I go, to the fabric section of Walmart, and take a look at what they have there. I found 2 kinds, took them to the counter, and asked the lady how much fabric I needed for 8 pillows. She told me a yard per pillow. Ok, I know that sounds like a lot of fabric (it did for me too), but, being in the state I am, went with it. Well, I must say, the colors are perfect for our couches!!! And it only took $60. to do it! But, since I got more than I needed for pillows (thanks to the lady at Walmart), I will be making a throw blanket and some curtains. :) I also bought myself some flowers. I needed those flowers today...
So, that's my day. It was good...and I enjoyed it.

No comments: