Friday, March 7, 2008

Sun, Snow, Sun, no...Snow!

Crazy Weather of Lubbock!

It has certainly been an interesting past week! We have had 2 days of seriously freezing temperatures, and 2 days of 75-degree-glorious-wear-your-sunglasses type days. Very interesting, indeed. I have never lived in Lubbock with this type of craziness! Not to mention the dust storms we've had this season!!! Where was all of this unpredictable weather when I was going through AIM!? I dunno how I missed it.

To get you a little caught up with me, and what's going on in my world...

I have been struggling with being apart from what's going on in Seattle (with my family). For those of you who don't know. My grandma isn't doing well in her fight against Leukemia. The doctors told us last week that they couldn't do anything else for her, and so she has come home. All she can do now is return to the hospital every2-3 days for a platelet shot, which will keep her blood from thinning out. Once she stops those, however, she could only last 3-10 days. So, I have been on-call for the past week & 1/2...waiting for them to call me back to Washington. It's been a hecktic time for all of us. I am trying to maintain a sense of normalacy for myself... but with much of my mind "back home" it's been hard to stay focused some days.


Depression Update...

I had one week when I was feeling better (toward the middle of Febuary), but since then, I have been back to having up and down days. Not as bad as before...but certainly frustrating. I suppose (even if I don't want to admit it) I was hoping that I would be more "balanced" in emotion...and I still feel tired, seriously unmotivated at times, and wanting to just have a "Cry-a-Thon". I feel like I'm still fighting really hard to get over to the "other side" of the depression wall, but struggling to pull myself up and over. The doctor has already had to up my medicine once, after the initial "plan of action". I am grateful to have such a skilled doctor working with me, and I truly thank the Lord for Miss Terri and her "kill the buffalo" mentality! :) Because I will be honest...I don't normally admit this...I could not "rescue" myself. God has really been working in my heart and challenging me to give things over to Him. He has provided such an incredible group of friends who have been a great source of love and encouragement for me right now.

Upcoming Events...

In just a few days AIMers from the 2005 class will be flooding in to Lubbock (if they aren't here already)! Graduation is on Saturday, March 15th, this year. I can't believe it's been a whole year since I was the one graduating with my class of 50+ . In fact, it was just a couple days ago (March 5th) that I left my little apartment in France and headed back to the U.S. I have to say, it's been a crazy year...with lots of twists and turns...but I'm thankful for all of them, good and difficult. I know that God is working in the things that I have been worried about...(consumed by, actually)...but I feel like my faith is really small at the moment. I just keep praying that God will help me to be faithful and to hang on to His love.

1 comment:

La Pistolera said...

Sorry to read about your granny. Lubbock is so crazy this year. The ocean is ice cold here. Holy week starts soon and the people are gonna freeze their rears in this water. Blessings and hope you feel better soon...kill the buffalo, what is that? Blessings