Friday, February 15, 2008

Thinking of Mexico

The AIM group has been back from its trip to Mexico City for almost 24 hours...and being back in America is still odd. I can flush toilet paper, and that seems weird to do after not being able to for a week. It's interesting the things one wants to do (or not do) after being in another place, with a different people. I wish I could adequately discribe to you how being in Mexico made me feel. But, to put it plainly...God worked on me. He showed me aspects of myself that I needed to see, and He did some rearranging of the rooms of my heart. I would like to share with you what I wrote down as I worshipped with the church (last Sunday), which meets at the Pink House in Mexico City:

**********************************************

Sunday Thoughts, from the Pink House….
(Mexico City: 2-10-2008)

Matthew 28:16-20

Personal Questions:

What is Jesus calling me to? Is it not to reach out from where I am to the hearts of the Lost around me? Am I fulfilling that mission!? What is keeping me from doing that!? Have I really adapted the concept that Jesus is conveying in Matthew 28? Have I really become a true disciple …one who is focused and determined??? Where is my heart leading, by the Spirit???


My Thoughts:

Being here in Mexico, at this moment I feel like my heart is breaking. I’ve been here in this place (in this city) before, so why am I moved to tears!? I wonder if my heart has realized that its desire is to work in a place where churches are few, and workers are even fewer. I was honest with myself right now I’d respond with a huge, “Yes!”

For the Communion time this morning, the statement that impacting me most is this: “Whatever you believe…that is what you will live, that’s what you will practice.” What do I believe, and how am I living as a result of that belief???

I really miss having a mission (or at least feeling like I have one)…or rather one which has been clearly set before me in black and white. Right now, after worshipping with the church here, I feel like a part of me has been awakened after a time of being asleep. I miss struggling in another country, I miss struggling for (and with) the Lost.

I God calling my heart to missions once again!? Don’t we have the same mission (or “calling”) no matter where our current location happens to be?? But, honestly, I feel like He wants me to step outside of myself and my comfort to head out to a foreign field. I don’t know when that will be…but I truly feel like my heart would be happiest helping to build up the church outside the U.S. I wonder how the Lord will do that, or what that will look like. Maybe Mexico will be a part of that grand “unknown”.

No comments: