Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Sunset Mission Workshop!!!

Today was the beginning of the 4 day extraviganza which is called, the "Sunset Mission Workshop"! I remember the last time I was able to attend...my first time, and that was about 3 years ago (when I was in AIM). Hard to believe it was that long ago--but, it's true. Last time I helped Terri (who was the Dean of Women at that time) in the kitchen, did tape recording for the Ladies Classes, and a few other tidbits of "gofer-ing". All of which I loved and adored...(because I was with her). This time I get to work with Sharon (my adopted mama, and fellow SIBI-dweller) in the area of Hospitality! (Oh, how I love to work with these funtions!!!...It brings such joy to my heart!) The workshop will continue through Saturday (although some folks probably won't get enough "fellowshipping" in by that then, so they'll stay for church on Sunday). I'm looking forward to the classes, the hugs and talks from those I've missed, and all the joy of the atmosphere. Isn't God good!?

On another note...
I am doing better today. No, I'm not out of the water yet...but I'm not drowning. I feel like God has graced me with a good day, and revealed to me that there really IS hope beyond what I can see with my small eyes and narrow vision! I had to talk to Him today. He just showed me too many wonderful things throughout the day...and He has been doing that....I have just been in too much pain to accept them. But today I did...even though at times it felt forced. And I ate! Something at every "meal time"!!! And I drank water. Part of me had to, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to funtion like I did today (and I knew that)...partly I ate because I knew Sharon needed me to be healthy. But, part of me was glad to eat...and for that, I was happy.

Thanks for the prayers that you all are offering on my behalf...for healing, and for growth in faith. We really do serve a God who can do the IMPOSSIBLE...I just got that.

Love you all.

No comments: