Monday, January 28, 2008

Can you say, "Psychiatrist"?

Ok, right off the bat...just to get this off my chest...

"No, I'm not crazy...just a little unbalanced."

Now...I thought there were some things that were crazy about me...but am beginning to find out that I am perfectly "normal"...just someone who needs something to help keep things in check.

I've been struggling on my own for a long time, and I have been shown from several people recently (who know me, and are fighting for me right now) that I can get help in this area... so that I can deal with life a bit (or a lot) better. For anyone who has struggled with depressing for an extended period of time...you know how hard it is to even admit that you cannot do it (whatever "it" is) on your own (because you think you should be capable)! It's starts to affect the spiritual aspect of your person, and that causes one to think that they don't have enough faith in God or that they must be weaker than those around them. This is what I have dealt with for most of my life....especially since around the age of 12 and 13.

So, I will try some new approaches (with my "team" of fighters)...and will keep striving to be whole. BUT!....I have come to the point within myself where I know that I am not the one who will save myself. I know this sounds silly...because I'm a Christian...and I have confessed that Jesus is my Savior. BUT!...because of my up-bringing I have convinced myself that I have more control than I do. BUT!...I don't...and I have pretty much come to the end of my rope. Good thing God is at the end of the rope! ;)

No comments: