Monday, March 24, 2008

"Monday, Monday..."

Hello Everyone!
Hope you all had a wonderful Easter celebration with those you love!

I decided to take a break from blogging yesterday, because it was Easter and on top of that we had so many people in and out of the house (family and friends). I was wiped out all day, as I think I forgot to take my depression medication the night before. I haven't been getting a lot of sleep (Lani neither) since last Monday, so I took advantage of the chance and took a 3 1/2 hour "nap" once I got back from Assembly. I had the weirdest dream (I've been having those every couple days)...I dreamt that *I was napping, I needed to get up and "do stuff", but that I was so tired that I didn't.* I told mom later and she said (jokingly), "Jess, that wasn't a dream, that is reality!" It's true...that's my world right now.

So, you may have wondered over the weekend how Grandma is doing...let me share that with you...and a little bit of how our Easter Sunday went:

Our nights have been crazy here. Grandma seems to spike a temperature around 9 or 10 each night (sometimes later than that), and it usually takes us about 2 hours to get it back down to where Lani feel comfortable about doing some "sleeping".

If I remember right, Saturday night was hectic and I didn't get a lot of sleep (my memory of nights are running together, sorry). I woke up in the morning and got ready to take Jamy, Jenny, and Grandma to the Assembly. Grandpa almost didn't go, but I encouraged him because I know he needed to go (for his own spiritual and emotional health). So, we all went...I cried through service and held the girls' hands. Everything made me cry yesterday, which is good I guess...I needed to cry. We had a baptism after worship...of a young teen, a boy from a family I haven't met yet. So that was awesome!!!

When we got home from meeting with the church, my Uncle Andy was here with his family. They came to celebrate Easter with us. Robin (his wife) made us lunch, which was really sweet of her. It was nice to have them here. (Andy has been coming over everyday, and it's been good to have him with us.) They spent the whole day with us. Around 4:30pm I woke up to the sound of music in my ears! The Quartet (the "Rearrangers": John Parente, David Hogue, Stephen Lockwood, and Becca Turner) came to sing a few songs for Grandma. A couple of them brought their wives, and it was good to have them all with us for a while. These guys are close to my heart, as they are to all my family...they are certainly dearly loved by us! ("Thanks you for coming...you can't imagine how you ministered to our spirits!") Grandma had Lani get her ready for them to come, and then had Lani sit her in a big chair. This is the first time in days that she has done that, and I know that she did it for those who came to see her. My Grandma has always been one to put on her best face for company...and yesterday was no different! She even sang some, when she could, offered song requests, and made jokes. It was neat to see her "come to life" with those she loves. The Quartet always seems to come when she (and we) needs them the most...yesterday was one of those days.

Last night was a good night, for which I thank the Lord for. She threw up around 10:30pm, and that always exhausts her. Lani and I were barely making it through the first part of the night without totally going to sleep. So, I was grateful to God that her fever was early and minimal. It only got as high as 100.8, and we were able to quickly bring it down before 1am. After that she went to sleep (except for needing to get up once in the night), and we did too. I set my cell phone alarm for 4:30am, when we would need to give her more Tylenol...and then again, for 8:30am (by that time Grandpa was up). This morning the nurse came to check on her. He is a Christian and prays with Grandma (he's super sweet). I love how the Lord works things out like that! He's so amazing!! Our fence (on the side of the house) blew down yesterday with the wind, so Andy came today with "materials" and is fixing it today. We've had problems with that fence for a while, ever since the big windstorm (December 2006). We haven't really taken care of issues like that for a while, because since 2004 my grandparents have had cancer. This whole "health-stuff" has certainly been long in duration!

So, that's how things are, as of right now. Grandma's resting, we continue to do what's needed daily (for her, and for us). Thanks for all your prayers, and for your continued love and support!
Love in Christ, Jessica

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is awesome to hear how many people there are in your lives there - coming to visit and to cheer and to feed you both physically and spiritually. God is good. Give your grandmother a hug for me. I wish I could meet all of your family.

I love you! Barb

Anonymous said...

Jessica, I received a forward today and this was at the end of it. As I read it, I thought of you. And I wanted to share it with you.

"If God had a refrigerator, your picture would be on it.
If He had a wallet, your photo would be in it.
He sends you flowers every spring, sends you a sunrise every morning Face it, friend - He is crazy about you!
God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow,sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way.

Read this line very slowly and let it sink in...
If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it."

I love you! Barb